Saturday, June 27, 2015

REVIEW: The 13th: Frozen Destiny by: Ela Lond



Author: Ela Lond
Smashwords
Release Date: March 29, 2014


Synopsis:

This is a short (15,000 words long) paranormal fantasy. 


In the haunted ruins of an old monastery, seven teenagers have gone missing in recent years. Kate, who is the Soul Reaper and helps ghosts who can't cross over by themselves, goes with her friends during their summer vacation to investigate. Once there, they find themselves tangled up in the deceptions of the dead, trapped like flies in a spider web.


Review:

This short story takes place not to long after The 13th: Destiny Awaits lets off. Kate, Ethan, Mandy and Tyler are on a summer break from school and decide to take a road trip to a haunted monastery to play ghost busters. 

I got kind of confused towards the beginning and thought that I had somehow skipped way ahead but kept on reading just to see where it lead. That was they only time during the read that things kind of didn't make sense. It was almost like the author just started writing a different story with the same characters part way through Frozen Destiny.  By the time I reached the end of the story I had everything worked out and was thinking ''oh I get it now''. For this being a short story I felt there was a lot packed into it's 52 pages. After I had my Aha moment and understood everything I thought it was a really good read.

 I do recommend that if you've read Ela Lond's The 13th: Destiny Awaits that you give this corresponding short story a go. The 13th: Frozen Destiny is a very fast and easy read. I do suggest that you read The 13th: Destiny awaits before you read The 13th: Frozen Destiny otherwise you'll be that much more confused.

(c) 2015 Andrea Hatfield All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me comments, I love reading them. I try to respond to all comments within the same day, but it may take me a day to respond. I do comment back and enjoy the conversations.