Sunday, February 15, 2015

REVIEW: Onyx by: Jennifer L. Armentrout book two in the Lux series



Title: Onyx

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout


Published: August 2012


Publisher: Entangled Teen



Synopsis:


Being connected to Daemon Black sucks...


Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizzaro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he is running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems.


Something worse than the Arum have come to town...


The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who's got a secret of his own. He knows what's happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.


But then everything changes...


I've seen someone who shouldn't be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he's never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them--from me?


No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies...



Review:

Jennifer Armentrout has done it again! She has absolutely blown my mind! If you thought Obsidian was great just wait until you read Onyx. The character development deepens, there are even more great moments between Katy and Daemon, love, heartache, and betrayal. Once again Armentrout will take you on an emotional roller coaster, you'll laugh, cry, be happy, mad and sad, but you'll want to get on that roller coaster again and again.





Wow, my mind is still reeling after waiting a day to start this post. I feel like I can't form a coherent sentence. I have a tendency to like almost every book that I read, but then there are a few that I completely flip out over and become the ultimate fangirl. This is one of those books and I can't even begin to tell you how much awesomesauce is packed into this book. Well I probably could but I would be gushing for hours on how every page is dripping with complete genius. 




Onyx starts right where Obsidian left off. Katy is still trying to stay away from Daemon and is in complete denial about her feelings. The hilarious and witty banter between them only gets better. Katy becomes an even stronger person than she was in Obsidian. She made some BIG mistakes but that only makes her seem more real. We get to see a lot more of Daemon and, believe it or not he becomes even more irresistible than what he was. I didn't think that was possible but believe me he becomes even more swoon worthy. He shows Katy his thoughtful, sweet and romantic side. The Thanksgiving scene was absolutely amazing, I was nearly in tears. And the cookie scene was priceless!!



















You get to meet new characters. Blake is the new boy in school who seems like he has the hotts for Katy, and that makes Daemon jealous even though he tries to deny it. When you get Daemon and Blake around each other the testosterone filled tension is so thick you could cut it with a knife. I loved the fact that Daemon always called Blake the wrong name, like Flake and Butler, just to get under his skin. At first I liked Blake but then he kept getting stranger and acting like he had a few loose screws. All Blake did was complicate things between Katy and Daemon even more than what they were.

Katy's mom, Kellie, starts a new relationship with a doctor named Will. He turns out being then doctor who takes care of Katy when she gets the "flu". At first he seems like an okay kind of guy, just what her mom needs, but then he becomes almost creepy and fixated on Katy.

I ended up hating both Blake and Will and I look something like this when I think about them.


There are so many twists and turns, and ups and downs. I was able to figure out a few things but then I was caught completely off guard with others.  I really don't want to spoil anything for someone that hasn't already read Onyx so I'll stick with saying that towards the end and at the very end there is so much emotion packed into a smallish size chunk of the story. I connected with Katy so much that I'm pretty sure I felt everything she did, guilt, sadness, anger, pain, elation, bliss and much more.









 Like I said earlier, JLA will take you on an emotional roller coaster, but she'll leave you begging for more. I suggest that everyone give this book a chance but if you haven't read the first book in the series please wait and read Obsidian first. Easily earned a 5 star rating from me. 

(c) 2015 Andrea Hatfield All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me comments, I love reading them. I try to respond to all comments within the same day, but it may take me a day to respond. I do comment back and enjoy the conversations.