Friday, February 20, 2015

REVIEW: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout Book three in the Lux series

Title: Opal

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Published: December 03, 2012

Publisher: Entangled Teen





Synopsis: 

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn't fooling around. Doubting him isn't something I'll do again, and now that we've made it through the rough patches, well... There's a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can't protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I'm no longer the same Katy. I'm different... And I'm not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I'm capable. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from an unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won't turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we're stronger...and they know it. 




Review:

Oh My Gosh! Jennifer L. Armentrout is a complete genius. If you thought the first two books in this series were amazing, just wait until you read Opal. This book makes the whole series that much more awesome. The ending though will have you gasping and dying to know what happens next. 

Opal starts off where Onyx left off, Dawson is back and it has turned every ones lives upside down. He is determined to get Beth back and nothing will stop him. Daemon and Katy have finally made their relationship official but they are unable to spend any time together as a couple, because Daemon is always having to babysit Dawson so he won't run off to try to rescue Beth and get himself captured again. Dawson is not the same as what he was before he was captured and tortured, and Daemon has no idea how to help him.

Dee, at the beginning of the story still won't talk with Katy and it seems that their friendship has taken a turn for the worse and may never be salvageable. Dee's character changes so much in this book and it could be for the worse. Since she has lost Adam she refuses to talk with Katy, Lesa, or Carissa and starts to hang out with Andrew and Ash. With everything that happened in the Onyx I knew there would be some damage to Katy and Dee's friendship but will it ever be able to be fixed?

Daemon changes a lot in this book also. His character grows and he becomes even more irresistible, if that is even possible. He is starting to become a better person, *err* Luxen, because of Katy. She brings out the best in him. He is still just as fierce as before when he needs to be, but is more open with Katy with his emotions. He opens up with her where as before he would have said something cocky and smart. Daemon still has an ego the size of Alaska, but some of the things that come out of his mouth are absolutely priceless.

"You just like me for my body. Admit it."
"Well Yeah..."
"I feel like man-candy"

" If you start climbing on car hoods, I think I might marry you."






Katy is dealing with a lot of guilt over all the things and mistakes that happened in Onyx. She's learning not to be too trusting with anyone. The moments that she is alone with Daemon are absolutely beautiful. They are starting to connect more and its not just physically intimate but also emotionally intimate. Some of the things that come out of her mouth are just wow.

"If fishes were wishes, we'd all throw nets."

"Oh for the love of backwoods babies everywhere"

"He kisses like he's dying of thirst, and I'm water."

There are twist and turns, ups and downs, betrayal, deaths and the hugest cliffhanger ever. Jennifer Armentrout will take you on a wild ride. You'll be sitting on the edge of your seat with the ending! I mean WOW, what a way to end the book. I was all like:




And then some of this:




I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves the genres: fantasy, sci-fi, and paranormal romance. I do suggest that before you read this book you have a copy of the next book in the series (Origin) on hand because you will want to jump right into it. I don't think you will be disappointed, there's a reason Jennifer L. Armentrout is a NY Times #1 Best Selling Author; everything she writes is pure gold! 


(c) 2015 Andrea Hatfield All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me comments, I love reading them. I try to respond to all comments within the same day, but it may take me a day to respond. I do comment back and enjoy the conversations.