Saturday, February 21, 2015

REVIEW: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout Book Four in the Lux Series


Title: Origin

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Published: August 27 2013

Publisher: Entangled Teen



Synopsis:

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he's face the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way that she can come out of this is to adapt. After all , there are sides of Daedalus that don't seem entirely crazy, but the groups goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will  Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?




Review:

Jennifer Armentrout out did herself with Origin. If you thought the other books in this series were amazing just wait until you read this one, she'll blow your mind! There is so much action packed into the book, you would not believe some of the action scences, absolutely outstanding! She has also brought back the jerky Daemon that we all fell in live with, but he still keeps his sweet and loving side when it comes to Katy. JLA gives us all the makings of a brilliant and riveting book, you get angst, action, desperation, suspense, and drama.


Origin starts off right where Opal left off, Katy has been captured by Daedalus in a rescue mission to get Beth back. Blake once again was a huge douche canoe and betrayed them all. With Origin we get both Daemon and Katy's POV, which makes the story that much more entertaining. You get to meet new some characters and then you loose some old characters.

Katy has always been strong and brave but in Origin she grows to be a survivor and fighter because of the grueling things she has to endure. With the things that Katy had to go through and the things that she witnessed, its no wonder Beth was so mentally damaged. Katy still manages to hold on to her feisty side and is fighting to not become broken. In her own way she is able to fight against the system for a while and refuses to cooperate. 

"I refuse to fight them-to beat up on them or potentially kill them if things got out of hand. It was like being in a real, albeit messed up, version of 'The Hunger Games'. 'The Hunger Games' for alien hybrids."

"What about school? You want an uneducated hybrid running amuck? What about my mom? My friends? What about my life? My blog?...You've stolen my life and think that I should just stand here and take it? That I shouldn't demand answers? You know what? You can kiss my a$$"

If you thought Daemon was irresistible before then you ain't seen nothing yet! Wow, Daemon shined so bright in this installment of the Lux series. He vowes to burn down the world to get his Kitten back and I feel he would have too. There is absolutely no doubt what so ever of his feelings for Katy. He tries so hard to be a ''rock'' for Katy in some of her hardest moments. He still, with everything that is going on, manages to bring out his cocky and snarky side.

"As close as you're riding me, man, I feel like I need to take you out to dinner or something. At least, I should get your name."
"People call me Archer." 

"Another fanboy, I have them everywhere."

"Well aren't you just a special snowflake"

Archer is one of the new characters, and from the beginning you can tell he's not one of those ''heartless'' people that are working with Daedalus. He is there for Katy, as much as he can be, when she needs someone and is virtually all alone. There is absolutely nothing romantic about their relationship, so no need to worry. He is just someone who is there for her.  

Blake of course ends up in the facility with Katy. I wanted to get my hands wrapped around that tanned neck of his and shake him senseless, that no good for nothing douche canoe! I really wished Daemon would have gotten rid of that problem a long time ago. I do think he got what was coming for him though.

There is so much that happens in Origin. You'll want to finish this in one read, it's that good. Jennifer Armentrout has added another epic story to her Lux series. I totally think you should read this series if you haven't already because with each installment it only escalates to greater heights in greatness. 

(c) 2015 Andrea Hatfield All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me comments, I love reading them. I try to respond to all comments within the same day, but it may take me a day to respond. I do comment back and enjoy the conversations.